From Psalm 3: LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.”[b] But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side. Arise, LORD! Deliver me, my God. Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked. From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people.
7 weeks and counting. Thank-you #TeamJustus for hanging in there with us and for expanding and including so many others in your prayer. You truly are an army to be reckoned with!!! So the immediate prayer request is for today, Thursday, September 17th. Justus is scheduled to go into surgery at 1:30pm to have a G-tube put in. It will greatly ease the ability to feed him and give him meds. The best part though is it will get that tube out of his nose. It makes me scratch my own nose every time I see it. I’m so thankful for it, because it was so necessary. But I’m looking forward to seeing him without it. And I’m sure that’s nothing compared to how much he’s looking forward to not feeling it.So please pray for our little ninja!Also, I thought I’d just give you a quick review of the 10 prayer requests Alyse and Jason asked for yesterday. These are exactly the same as what were posted yesterday.
1. That God would continue to be present to Justus in a very real, tangible way. That Justus would not feel alone or afraid because of the overwhelming sense that Jesus has never left him. (This is papa’s two bits… you can check this one as answered ☺)
2. Complete healing and restoration. Nothing broken and nothing missing. That Justus’ body would function exactly the way God originally designed and created it to function.
3. Rehab- that God would go before us. For strength and endurance for this new stage of healing and restoration. For hope and energy and love. Please pray in the Name of Jesus against strongholds of fear, anxiety, anger, pride, bitterness, and resentment- anything not of God!
4. Pray for our marriage- that we would work together as a team and be encouraging and supportive toward each other, slow to anger and abounding in love. Pray for communication, decision-making and that we would be able to carve away purposeful time together.
5. Respiratory status- continued prayers for Justus to manage his secretions, maintain his oxygen levels, get stronger in his swallowing, be able to initiate productive coughs that would clear out his lungs and protect him from pneumonia. Pray against gagging and vomiting, so that Justus can get all the nutrients he needs. That he would gain back the weight he has lost and continues to get stronger and stronger physically.
6. Medication wean- last night was the last dose of Phenobarbital. We are still weaning the methadone and then will have to wean Ativan. At some point we will start discussing getting off one of the seizure meds too. Pray for protection against discomfort, agitation, pain and withdrawal. Please continue to pray over all that is going into and out of his little body- That his liver and kidneys would continue to filter and process all these chemicals effectively and efficiently.
7. G-tube surgery (highly recommended and it will get the tube out of his nose)- Please pray for favor with the surgery schedule. Since it’s an elective surgery, we aren’t guaranteed a day/time. And he will have to stop feeds for at least 6 hours prior. Pray that tomorrow they are able to get him in without issue, that he only loses a minimal amount of nutrition and that the surgery is successful. Pray over anesthesia risks and complications (especially those related to recent intubation and brain injury) and all the risks associated with the surgery- bleeding, infection, leaking at the site.
8. Cranial flap replacement- will be scheduled sometime next month (October). Pray for favor and success during a much more invasive, extensive, more complicated surgery. Pray that the bone is not reabsorbed by the body, but that it grows and strengthens and functions exactly as God designed it to function. Pray against all the risks- death, bleeding, infection, hydrocephalus, the need for a permanent shunt, etc. Give us peace to trust the doctors, but more importantly to trust our Heavenly Father’s care and compassion over Justus’ future.
9. Pray for Amaya- that God would meet her every need, both in a super natural Holy Spirit way and through the body of Christ extending their love to her. Pray that she will be confident in the fact that her mom and dad love her and care about her and always want to be with her. Guard and protect her heart during the long rehab road ahead. Preserve her relationship with her brother and remind her of their special love for each other.
10. My (Alyse) personal prayer for Jason and I the last few days is that God would purge us of pride, clothe us with humility, align our heart with His, that he would grow our faith and remind us that He is worthy of all our trust and that he would give us eyes for eternity.
Thank you again #TeamJustus. The moon is round!